Monday, May 10, 2010
Yesterday’s sad-slump would have lasted me a week, if it weren’t for love. Instead, when I was finished with work, I curled up on the couch in my man’s lap and we watched the Canucks kick ass. We had a few drinks. I had a long hot shower before I made an awesome tuna casserole (which was only fair, since in the 48 hours before he’d made me blueberry pancakes from scratch, quesadilla’s from scratch and warmed chicken and wild rice soup, not to mention the countless cups of coffee he’d refilled while I was working), and we cuddled up watching the world’s most romantic movie, Natural Born Killers.

This morning we woke early so I could fill in a few extra hours at work for an employee lost. We ate a big breakfast, and then we went back to bed to cuddle. We slumbered off until I had to work again. I love waking up to his arms still wrapped around me and told him how I adored how cuddly he was. He assures me, he hasn’t always been this way. I believe him, as I don’t know that I’ve ever been this way myself. It’s funny how much like chameleons we humans are. We don’t really know ourselves until we know ourselves in the presence of others.

We are not just who we see ourselves as… But we are a combination of who see ourselves as, and who other’s see us as.


I’ve long since believed that. And with him, he is my Prince and I his Princess and we were made to reach our fullest potential together. I guess when the pieces fit, that's just the way it's meant to feel.

I feel about a billion times better today than I did yesterday.

0 words of wisdom:

Disclaimer

This is my personal weblog. The thoughts and opinions represented here are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect those of my employers, associates or peers.

I am forever changing and always staying this same; a true living contradiction and as such, my thoughts and opinions change frequently. I may or may not still hold the same opinions noted in out-of-date posts.

By reading my blog, you agree to accept these realities as absolute truth.

Me

My photo
No matter where I am, I'm lost and learning to like it. I'm a living contradiction, and the best lies I tell are the ones I tell myself.
Powered by Blogger.

Dubai Time

Victoria Time