Wednesday, May 26, 2010
It looks like the month of June is going to kick my ass. And that’s probably a good thing. July following and being the anniversary of both my mother’s birth and death, I’ll probably need the down time.

My father returns on the 1st. My boss wants me in Squamish a month ago. Conversations with her today were almost dramatic, in a good way of course. She offered to pay for one of my trips if I make two out there in June. She offered me her home while she is planned away at the cabin, if I needed a place to stay. And she offered me an advance so I can get my brakes all sorted out before I head there. She’d like me right away (like the 2nd or 3rd) then once again when her daughter goes on vacation the 3rd week of June. I was hoping to make 1 trip, mid month to cover both ends. But there’s training to be done and no one else to do it, and her daughter needs a vacation (and she so truly deserves one!) and no one else to cover, I guess.

I love my job; even on it’s worst days (those are usually days I feel that I don’t get paid enough – which I’m fairly certain, also due to conversations today, will sort itself out soon). But really, when it comes down to it, I wouldn’t trade a larger wage for a lesser place to work. I love my bosses. I love my colleagues. I love what I do. I love my job.

Anyway, between that and a few business endeavours my father and I are looking into and were hoping to start mid-June, not to mention Lars hopefully moving in permanently in June, it’s going to be a busy month to get through. I don’t imagine I’ll have a lot of time for this blog – though I’ll try.

Writing again has been invigorating. I hope not to stop.

0 words of wisdom:

Disclaimer

This is my personal weblog. The thoughts and opinions represented here are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect those of my employers, associates or peers.

I am forever changing and always staying this same; a true living contradiction and as such, my thoughts and opinions change frequently. I may or may not still hold the same opinions noted in out-of-date posts.

By reading my blog, you agree to accept these realities as absolute truth.

Me

My photo
No matter where I am, I'm lost and learning to like it. I'm a living contradiction, and the best lies I tell are the ones I tell myself.
Powered by Blogger.

Dubai Time

Victoria Time