Wednesday, May 19, 2010
…but first a little nostalgia:



They’re coming up near my old house at the end of this video. I lived and drove in this country for more than 10 years and I’m not dead. It’s not amazing I can manoeuvre a car better than most on this side of the planet….

Now lets talk about really good things. And because I’m in such a brilliant mood, I think Ill do it in rainbow colours.

I spent a good portion of my morning talking to an old friend about nothing and everything. Old friends are sometimes really good things. They can be bad, and we can be in denial about that for a time, but eventually life (my life anyway) will weed out the bad and allow the good back in. At the end of the day, if you cause me more pleasure than pain, Im going to welcome you Because that feels right to me.

Love is a good thing. Love for yourself, love for others. I really love myself and I love those around me these days. Im comforted in knowing I bring those near to me happiness, and a take pleasure from them just the same. We talked this morning about how boring and annoying all this positive is bound to get, but I figure if youre in the right frame of mind (and I believe right now I am), you just cant get enough good.

Lars is coming home today. I cant wait. And though Ive not mentioned to him, Im arranging it so that I dont have to leave immediately after upon my fathers arrival. Hopefully, that will give the two men enough time to get to know one another; well all be comfortable with him living here while Im absent. Thats another good thing to come.

Today is a good day. And this is a good song to leave you with


0 words of wisdom:

Disclaimer

This is my personal weblog. The thoughts and opinions represented here are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect those of my employers, associates or peers.

I am forever changing and always staying this same; a true living contradiction and as such, my thoughts and opinions change frequently. I may or may not still hold the same opinions noted in out-of-date posts.

By reading my blog, you agree to accept these realities as absolute truth.

Me

My photo
No matter where I am, I'm lost and learning to like it. I'm a living contradiction, and the best lies I tell are the ones I tell myself.
Powered by Blogger.

Dubai Time

Victoria Time