Monday, June 14, 2010
Sunday Sun Rays…

Yesterday was beautiful. We woke early in the morning and went to the Flea Market with my father, and then just Lars and I went for a walk on the boardwalk and a swing on my all-time favourite swings in the afternoon. I’ve been swimming here since I was just a little girl and I adore the fact that I get to share this piece of my past with him now. We ate easy, and cuddled up early to watch Family Guy in bed. I realized as we lay down and the sun was still out – we really are getting old. But I’m ok with being old with him, so long as he’s ok with being old with me.


Photobucket
~*~
Photobucket


We’ve planned next weekend out to include a big BBQ on Sunday, invited his mom and sister and we’re all incredibly excited about getting together again then. I leave Monday for Squamish again, so it’s a bit tight, but will definitely be worth it.

It occurred to me this morning as I made Lars’ grandma’s Whipped Shortbread Cookie recipe, how truly happy I am. It occurred to me that perhaps I always could have been, had I only chosen to live this way. It occurred to me that so much more is in our control than we know… if only we knew it when we needed it most. I’d have been spared a lot of self-inflicted hurt.

Anyway, I’m off to pick up Lars from work, surprise cookies in hand. It’s another beautiful day around here. And I couldn’t possibly be happier about life in general.

0 words of wisdom:

Disclaimer

This is my personal weblog. The thoughts and opinions represented here are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect those of my employers, associates or peers.

I am forever changing and always staying this same; a true living contradiction and as such, my thoughts and opinions change frequently. I may or may not still hold the same opinions noted in out-of-date posts.

By reading my blog, you agree to accept these realities as absolute truth.

Me

My photo
No matter where I am, I'm lost and learning to like it. I'm a living contradiction, and the best lies I tell are the ones I tell myself.
Powered by Blogger.

Dubai Time

Victoria Time