Monday, January 10, 2011
I woke up this morning to a surprise. For a few days now, I have been trying to get in touch with my son, and for a few days he has been trying to call me right back. But with exactly 12 hours difference, it means one of us is almost always sleeping. This morning, he sent me his very first, ever, text message:

Photobucket


Ali has had his own mobile phone since he was 3-years-old. During the divorce of his father and I, it was about the only way I could get in touch with him while his father was around. And now, it means I can usually get in touch with him without having to go through the hoops of talking to my former in-laws. I’m fine with that – so please leave your criticism about cell phone and kids at the door.

Seeing this text message warmed my heart. Of course, the first thing I did when I opened my eyes was called him and he sounded lovely – as always. He politely asked me to hold while he talked to his cousin, then he enquired about whether or not I wore glasses. He remembers a photo with me wearing sunglasses. He explained that no one helped him with the message; he sent it all by himself. He told me he loved and missed me and mentioned that his health was good. He said that he’d like more mail from me – so I’m going to make a point of sending him just that. And finally, he explained that he was getting an average of 92% in school this year.

I miss him.

0 words of wisdom:

Disclaimer

This is my personal weblog. The thoughts and opinions represented here are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect those of my employers, associates or peers.

I am forever changing and always staying this same; a true living contradiction and as such, my thoughts and opinions change frequently. I may or may not still hold the same opinions noted in out-of-date posts.

By reading my blog, you agree to accept these realities as absolute truth.

Me

My photo
No matter where I am, I'm lost and learning to like it. I'm a living contradiction, and the best lies I tell are the ones I tell myself.
Powered by Blogger.

Dubai Time

Victoria Time